Welcome to the Bureau of Fire Prevention. The Bureau of Fire Prevention operates is administered by the Mount Holly Fire District No.1 and is supervised by George Gaskill, Fire Official. The Bureau was granted local enforcing authority by the Mount Holly Township Council following passage of Ordinance 1993-3. The Bureau is responsible for performance of fire safety inspections and fire code enforcement, fire investigation and fire prevention and public education programs within Mount Holly Township.
Duties of the Bureau include:
- Conduct fiscal year State mandated fire inspections throughout the Township
- Respond to all complaints from the general public of suspected fire code violations
- Respond to all requests to teach Fire Safety and Prevention awareness throughout the Township
- Conduct fire investigations, establishing the origin and cause
- Respond to incidents of possible Juvenile Firesetters, and referring them to the proper authority for assessment